1 cup Long grain white rice
1 ¾ cup Water
1 cup Mini carrots
4 Imitation crab sticks
1 cup Frozen shrimp
French fried onions
1. Steam or boil carrots just enough to soften. Cut them into small lengthwise pieces. Place in a cup in refrigerator to cool. Peel and cut the cucumber in like pieces, also place in a covered container in the refrigerator.
2. Put water and rice into a covered pot and let soak for at least a half hour. I let mine sit over night. When ready to cook bring to a boil uncovered and then cover and simmer 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the water.
3. Let rice cool enough to then refrigerate or chill.
4. Run shrimp under a stream of cold water to thaw. Put in appropriate sized bowl.
5. Cut imitation crab into small bites. Put in another appropriate sized bowl. Place both in the refrigerator.
6. When all these ingredients are ready to be combined first make a bed of sticky rice in the bottom of your bowl. Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop out the contents in one piece and then dice each half into 4 slices. Place 4 slices fanned out on top of 1/3 of the rice in each bowl.
7. Place cucumber sticks on another 1/3 of your rice. Place the carrot sticks on the last 1/3.
8. I served the salads just like this with the options to add shrimp and/or imitation crab and then dress it yourself with french fried onions, Sriracha mayo and soy sauce to taste but you certainly can prepare the entire salad for your guests.